Forum Usage Policy
Forum Posting Rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!
GENERAL FORUMSSKAC Forum and Chat Code of Conduct Our goal is to ensure that SKAC’s online forums and chat channels are welcoming environments where people can come together and discuss relevant subjects and topics in a friendly and non-aggressive environment. The purpose of this code of conduct is to ensure that users can participate in the forums and chats without being ‘flamed’, personally attacked, harassed or be exposed to inappropriate materials. SKAC values freedom of expression on the site, but not at the expense of offending others. We want all members to have an enjoyable and fun experience. With this in mind we have established the Code of Conduct to help us achieve that goal. Please assist us by ensuring your contributions are consistent with the Code of Conduct. In short, we aim to maintain forums and chats with appropriate standards of civil behaviour and where members respect the rights of others. This Code of Conduct is subject to the SKAC member rules. SKAC appoints moderators to help us ensure that forum post content and chat messages comply with the vision and goals of the SKAC website forums and chat areas. You agree, through your use of the forum and chat services, that you will abide by this Code of Conduct. Please take some time to carefully read and understand the Code of Conduct, and the penalties for violations. Non-compliance will result in forfeiture of your privilege to access the forums and chat channels, and may result in a permanent ban. The following actions constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct: 1. Non-adherence or violation of the SKAC membership rules. 2. Using an invalid email address for your user account. 3. Submitting messages that display or link to pornographic or sexually offensive material. 4. Submitting messages that in any way breach or violate the terms and conditions of a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). 5. Any attempts to breach forum, chat room or website security, or gain unauthorized access into user accounts. This includes the action of guessing passwords, successful or not. Assisting others with such attempts or actions also constitutes a violation. 6. Exploiting, or attempting to exploit, forum and chat room bugs, vulnerabilities, or loopholes. 7. Flooding the forum and chat with repeat or similar meaning messages. What constitutes flooding behaviour is at the discretion of SKAC staff and SKAC appointed moderators. 8. Registering multiple accounts with intent to disrupt the community. 9. Giving, discussing, requesting, or linking to information that is either directly or indirectly related to obtaining pirated or unauthorized copyrighted materials, serial numbers, serial number generators and No-CD patches may result in an immediate ban. 10. Registering accounts with usernames or using screen names that are offensive or created with intent to cause disruption to the forums. 11. Impersonating SKAC staff or SKAC appointed moderators on the forums, in the chat or SKAC web site areas generally. 12. Flooding the forums and chat with redundant messages, empty messages, advertisements, clearly irrelevant “+1 Post Count” messages, and/or nonsensical messages. 13. Submitting messages that are inflammatory and made simply with the intent to provoke disruption to the forum or chat room and encourage, incite or continue ‘flame’ messages. ‘Trolling’ and baiting will not be tolerated. Messages that are disruptive and destructive in character will not be tolerated. Flaming is deemed to include insulting, personally directed criticisms and/or messages that include comments aimed to incite anger. Trolling is deemed to include messages aimed to incite disruption or stir up trouble. For example, posting to a thread or starting a thread without the intent to contribute positive suggestions or comments. Instead, the aim is negative and disruptive comments. 14. The discussion of race, religion and politics; using expressions or language in messages that are considered foul, vulgar, hateful, bigoted, sexually harassing, racially offensive, or are in any way discriminatory. Whether the discussion or expression falls within this definition will be determined at the discretion of SKAC staff and/or SKAC appointed forum moderators. 15. Submitting messages that are not within the designated forum areas identified subject scope or defined topic. The forum does have an off-topic area for broader general discussion. Please note that posts made to the off-topic forum area must comply in all respects with all other standards and requirements as stipulated in this Code of Conduct. 16. Submitting messages that personally attack, insult, threaten, harass or are clearly disrespectful of the opinions of other participants. This means, if you are engaging in debates that involve challenging, questioning and disputing the opinions and views of others, you are required to do so in a civil manner and ensure that your messages are relevant and on-topic. This rule does not exclude messages that are critical or questioning. It does, however, require that you carefully consider the tone of language in such messages to ensure that they are civil. 17. Screen shots posted to the SKAC Forum may not exceed a maximum resolution of 640 x 480. Posted screen shots that exceed this limit may be modified to links or removed from the post. 18. Members are forbidden to trade, sell, lease or promote any items or services without SKAC’s permission 19. Signature banners may not cover an area greater than 640 pixels in width, 200 pixels in height and cannot have a total file size greater than 25kb.
Violations and PenaltiesViolation or infringement of any of the rules in this Code of Conduct may result in the immediate revocation, suspension or termination of the privilege to post on SKAC forums or participate in the chat channels. SKAC reserves the right to vary the severity and suddenness of the penalty based on the nature of the violation. SKAC reserves the right to refuse to post or remove any posts, material or links that we deem unacceptable, offensive or in violation of the rules without further notice. We also reserve the right to suspend, prohibit or terminate the registration of any user who violates the rules from using the site or site related services without warning. SKAC staff and SKAC appointed forum moderators are the sole arbiters as to what constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct. Penalties will be applied as follows: 1. Generally, a first violation will result in a warning. A second violation will result in a temporary two week ban. Further violations will result in a one month ban. Repeated and severe violations may attract a longer or permanent ban at SKAC’s discretion. 2. Severe and/or repeat violations may attract a permanent ban without warning. Note 1: If possible, warning(s) will be sent to the infringing user's email account. If email warnings are bounced, SKAC will apply a temporary ban on that account until the user contacts us. Note 2: Account bans may be applied to multiple accounts if the other accounts originate from the same computer and are believed to be aliases of the account being banned. Accounts will also be banned if an anonymous proxy server is being used. All administrative actions taken by the moderators and administrators of these forums and chat channels are final. These actions may include but are not limited to: delete/close/move thread/message, banning, kicking, & account reset. The posting of any personal attacks or criticisms directed at the SKAC appointed forum moderators will not be tolerated. This includes comments or messages posted in the chat channels. Posts commenting on or criticising forum administrative actions will be deleted. Any complaints or disagreements regarding forum moderation should be made by contacting help desk. Should you have any questions or comments on SKAC’s Forum and Chat (IRC) Code of Conduct please contact Helpdesk email@example.com
SUPPORT FORUMSHere are a couple of rules/tips that we ask for everyone to please follow when posting on the site:
- Before posting a question, please search the forums first! Most problems have been answered on here several times and there is a good chance you will find an answer to your problem more quickly by searching rather than posting and waiting for a response. Keep in mind as well that the more time we have to spend answering the same questions means less time that we have to work on new products and make improvements to the existing ones for you.
- Please post a link to your site! If at all possible, please post a link to your site when asking for help. Most problems can be diagnosed much more easily if we can actually see them in action. There's also a good chance that it may help us to give you an answer much more quickly when a link is included with a support thread.
- Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping a thread. Though we do try to check the forums as often as possible, we are not on the site 24/7. Once a staff member sees your post it will be answered. We are human though and every once in a while a post may be missed, so if you have not received an answer within 24 hours please bump your thread then.
- Do NOT e-mail or PM staff members for support. We do NOT handle support requests via e-mail or private messages. If you are having a problem with one of our products, please post in the appropriate support forum.
- Do NOT post links to offensive material without a warning. Please do not post links that may contain offensive material in them (obscene, sexually-orientated, hateful, etc.). If you must post a link to your site which contains something that may be offensive to others in order to receive support, please post a short and clear warning before the link (ex: "NOT WORKSAFE!"). Keep in mind that many users browse our web site from work and things such as this could jeopardise their job.
- When posting code, please use the [CODE], [PHP], or [HTML] tags if authorised. These tags will help to format the coding and make it easier to read. Please do not use the QUOTE tags to post code on the website, as it will only cause problems later on.
- Respect other members. Do not post messages to other SKAC members that are hateful or otherwise disrespectful. Doing so will result in an immediate banning of your account.
- No Topics
- Members Support and Feed Back
- No Topics
- Forum Usage Policy
Viewing 3 topics - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 topics - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to create new topics.